Action Leads

From popdata
Jump to: navigation, search

Lead's Action Items

Brent

  • Complete Performance Assessment documentation by April 7th
  • Provide Nancy feedback after meetings with Western Australian visitors.


Feb 23

  • Send details of Stats Can linkage software to Jasper.
  • Send Suhail updated data development definitions.
  • Email Suhail re Abortion record removal for Vital Stats taking an immense amount of work.
  • Provide feedback to Nancy on staffing/workload issues including a list of tasks that might be suitable for general admin role.

Bryony

March 30

  • Ensure links to privacy training/and portal are up on the relevant web pages

Outstanding Items

  • Rework For Researcher webpage with links to Researcher Portal and Education & Training page.
  • Create active researchers mailing list and meet with Tim to discuss maintenance.
  • Will prepare overview of web statistics for next Board meeting.

Researcher Liaison

RLU outstanding items to address

  • Complete Performance Assessment documentation by April 7th
  • Tim to follow up with Suhail to see if any extracts are affected by Vital Stats not refreshing data.
  • Decide who is to represent the RLU at future Lead’s meetings.
  • Proceed with 4 digit project numbers
  • Provide feedback to Nancy on staffing/workload issues including a list of tasks that might be suitable for general admin role.
  • (Nancy / Brent and RLU) DSU / RLU integrated report
  • (RL) Standard text for researchers to use in grant applications and REB submissions -- for both PopData and the SRE
  • (RL) to begin collecting information on questions / decisions that data stewards make that affect approvals -- as a means to collate guidance to researchers

Feb 2 meeting

  • (Tim) Generate list of projects requiring external data ISA; coordinate with Suhail or Cindy as needed

Jim

Outstanding Items

  • Send Linda an email indicating where data is on SRE for upcoming course
  • Ensure Privacy training is up and running by April 9th
  • Work with Bryony to further develop the site for end of next week when privacy training will need to be accessed from the site.
  • Demo SRE at next DSWG meeting May 20th
  • Complete Performance Assessment and send to Nancy by April 7th
  • Prepare SRE demo for DSWG in May; Suhail to confirm the date
  • Show Tim how to set up accounts for researchers.
  • Set up SecurID for HELP researchers; set up meeting / training on SRE with outstanding researchers; include Suhail and Tim
  • Source replacement of SecureID fobs as current ones expire on February 28th
  • Go back and enter data transfers into media catalog.
  • Provide feedback to Nancy on staffing/workload issues including a list of tasks that might be suitable for general admin role.
  • follow up with Eleanor or Christy regarding GIS 101 (ARC GIS/SRE)
  • create drupal account and provide mysql access for Christina/Brent
  • provide Suhail access to Allyson/Denise's systems
  • To set up public space on Alfresco for policies
  • To set up space on Alfresco for finances of UVic and UBC.
  • provide demo SRE available for researchers
  • Check permission specifications for Alfresco and create a space/folder to which only Leads and ED have access where the Addendum to the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery contact document will be located; it will have home phone numbers etc. and thus need to limit access to this space/folder
  • From HR Working Group, create a shared work space to edit documents - using Alfresco? - for the HR folks, Lorie will give first document to put up on it; Nancy Hogan expressed interest in having one for CHSPR to minimise emailing documents around
  • Need policy and protocol for use of SRE
  • Ensure that reminders re remote access appear on screen every time researchers access SRE.
  • To send links to researcher training to Cindy, Bryony, and Brent
  • To add statements "You've passed the exam" or "You've failed the exam. Take Test #2".
  • To complete the Review Management Responses and Online Training work this week.
  • To set up username/password sign-in for researcher online training
  • To look into documentation/instruction for data files coming into PopData's secure site.
  • Supply details of survey software to Cindy
  • Dedicate time to provide access to Data Services's internal wiki
  • Andrew will specify permissions to be given to Partners (e.g. CHSPR, HELP and SOEH)
  • Meet with Brent to review requirements for data flow
  • BC Rural and Remote Health Network - on logistics and licensing issues

Feb 23

  • Source replacement of SecureID fobs as current ones expire on February 28th
  • Go back and enter data transfers into media catalog.
  • Provide feedback to Nancy on staffing/workload issues including a list of tasks that might be suitable for general admin role.

Feb 2

  • Move media catalogue onto PopData systems; move into server room

November 3

  • To look into documentation/instruction for data files coming into PopData's secure site.
  • To set up public space on Alfresco for policies
  • To set up space on Alfresco for finances of UVic and UBC.

August 25

  • Need location for policies to be stored centrally, accessible to all staff (not just PopData)
  • Need secure location for the contact information to be accessed in the event of a disaster. Also secure offsite location(s): SFU? UVic?

June 23rd

  • Ensure that reminders re remote access appear on screen every time researchers access SRE.

Nancy

  • Work with PopData and UVic and SFU to clarify role of Spatial Data Unit.
  • Need for junior person to promote PopData at roadshows etc. Further discussions with Kim needed.
  • Organize curling event
  • Set up metrics meeting for mid-April
  • Confirm what to do re Clyde's 3 month sabbatical re the listservs he is on
  • Consider whether separating inhouse and external data holdings would be useful re metrics

Suhail

Outstanding Items

  • follow up on supply of alarm codes for new Red Zone staff
  • Policy update
  • Complete Performance Assessment documentation by April 7th
  • Check status of Goelman's project with MOHS
  • Confirm with VSA/MOHS re: PopData releasing VS data
  • Follow up with Melissa re: MSP data refresh
  • Confirm if future DSWG meetings can be held at UBC
  • Finalize SRE Manual
  • Definition of 'Data Destruction' at project closure
  • Update Authentication and Access Control Policy
  • Develop templates for 'Project Summary' and 'Proposed Linkage Strategy'
  • Add to discussion with MOHS: project number issuance
  • EDI checklist is to be discussed with Ruth.
  • Provide feedback to Nancy on staffing/workload issues including a list of tasks that might be suitable for general admin role.
  • * To follow up with Chris and Earnest regarding sending of PHNs and postal codes.
  • * To look at ISAs to see what is included in data development and data cleaning, i.e. do we need to notify DS each time we make minor change in process of data cleaning?..
  • ACG Lincense
  • *Touch base with Allyson on Checklists.
  • * Working on checklists; rescheduled meeting with WSBC for next week..
  • * Will potentially get on cabinet agenda for external ISA next week
  • <strike>* Will meet with VS tentatively next week.
  • * Will meet with Denise 13 August re: VSA data dictionary
  • <strike> Will contact Leanne at MoHS for meeting on Info Banks.

Feb 23

  • EDI checklist is to be discussed with Ruth.
  • Provide feedback to Nancy on staffing/workload issues including a list of tasks that might be suitable for general admin role.

Feb 2

  • work with Brent on defining "data development" and examples for ISA (MOHS and MEd)</strike>
  • work with Cindy on draft "SRE access process"; pass to Tim and Jim

January 26

  • * To follow up with Chris and Earnest regarding sending of PHNs and postal codes.
  • * To look at ISAs to see what is included in data development and data cleaning, i.e. do we need to notify DS each time we make minor change in process of data cleaning?

Caitlin

May 11

  • Follow up on checklists with Suhail and Melissa
  • Discuss project summaries with Suhail
  • Discuss web presence for Spatial Data Unit with BM and CL.

Outstanding items