IT to do List

From popdata
(Redirected from IT to Do List)
Jump to: navigation, search

Monday November 16, 2009

REMINDER

  • Monthly Review of outstanding Track-it items to be scheduled for the first Monday of the month. Track-it status to be updated by all in advance. Next review Dec 7.

Jim

  • Back-ups: add Pop Data system to Milo
  • Create zimbra calendar to sign-out training laptops (with auto-forward message to support). Return dates will be entered by the tech in Track-it.
  • Alfresco will be updated by Nov 19. New groups (CHSPR & Pop Data Board) to be added.
  • Projectors are installed and working (with extension cords) in meeting rooms. Colette to work with Will Crocker regarding installation of power outlets for projectors.

Matthew

  • Provide Colette access to wiki
  • New trackit licenses (2) to be ordered (chspr will pay) after licensing confusion is sorted-out - target Dec 18
  • Trackit server upgrade (once licensing issue is resolved) - target Dec 18

David

  • David to resolve issues with Bob Evan's machine - buy 2 licenses and upgrade to Windows 7 (good scaling features)
  • Nov 17 - ensure AE picks up Lily and 2 non-working RAID cards for trouble-shooting (both cards are not working)
  • Work with Vanessa to come up with report options in Trackit (using "grid" view and exporting to Excel?)
  • VMWare duplication of Hemlock for longer-term solution to disk-space problem(?)
  • Complete all Zimbra migrations in yellow zone by Dec 18
  • Next week map new network drives for Nancy/Jen to new alfresco share (after Alfresco version upgrade)

Harold

  • Rebuild george using Lily (with Brent's help). Need to get the RAID card to work for this to happen.
  • Harold on vacation from Nov 6 to 23

Nancy

  • Nancy will investigate quarterly maintenance (Leibert) and see if it's being done.

Andrew

  • update status of items in Track-it with completion dates (or close if completed)
  • remove laptop boxes from red zone
  • get instructions from Jim to convert CHSPR website to Drupal V6.9
  • Possibly help with Zimbra mailbox migrations after procedure is properly documented.

Monday November 9, 2009

NEW ITEMS

  • Monthly Review of outstanding Track-it items to be scheduled for the first Monday of the month. Track-it status to be updated by all in advance. Next review Dec 7.

Jim

  • Jim to distribute Andrew's schedule
  • Reboot Hemlock to activate new drive.
  • Alfresco will be updated by Nov 19. New groups (CHSPR & Pop Data Board) to be added.
  • Spend an hour with Davidg for SYMPA training.
  • Projectors are installed and working (with extension cords) in meeting rooms. Colette to work with Will Crocker regarding installation of power outlets for projectors.

Matthew

  • Draft email to users (to be used for each partner group) to review Trackit prioritization and submission process ( re: one ticket/problem).
  • New trackit licenses (2) to be ordered (chspr will pay) after licensing confusion is sorted-out.
  • Trackit server upgrade (once licensing issue is resolved)

David

  • David to resolve issues with Bob Evan's machine - upgrade to Windows 7 (good scaling features)
  • Add Iron Mountain pick-up dates to IT calendar. December 17 last regularly scheduled pick-up for 2009.
  • Send Lily and 2 non-working RAID cards to AE for trouble-shooting (both cards are not working)
  • Spend an hour with Jim to get some training with SYMPA (new mailing list manager)
  • Work with Vanessa to come up with report options in Trackit (using "grid" view and exporting to Excel?)
  • VMWare duplication of Hemlock for longer-term solution to disk-space problem(?)
  • Accelerate Zimbra migrations in yellow zone
  • Next week map new network drives for Nancy/Jen to new alfresco share (after Alfresco version upgrade)

Harold

  • Rebuild george using Lily (with Brent's help). Need to get the RAID card to work for this to happen.
  • Harold on vacation from Nov 6 to 23

Nancy

  • Nancy will investigate quarterly maintenance (Leibert) and see if it's being done.

Andrew

  • update status of items in Track-it with completion dates (or close if completed)
  • provide team with tentative work schedule for 10/hours a week
  • remove laptop boxes from red zone
  • get instructions from Jim to convert CHSPR website to Drupal V6.9
  • Possibly help with Zimbra mailbox migrations after procedure is properly documented.

Monday November 2, 2009

NEW ITEMS

  • Red zone had chemical smell on afternoon of Oct 29. After investigation by many groups at UBC, source of problem was battery leaking in old UPS (UPS was not turned on but plugged in). Jim moved UPS to the loading bay.
  • Monthly Review of outstanding Track-it items to take place Nov 9. Otherwise monthly review to be scheduled for the first Monday of the month.

Jim

  • Jim to dispose of old UPS in LPC loading bay
  • Jim to distribute Andrew's schedule
  • Jim will buy more fobs.
  • Reboot Hemlock to activate new drive.
  • Alfresco will be updated by end of week. New groups (CHSPR) can be added.
  • Spend an hour with Davidg for SYMPA training.
  • Jim and Harold to be trained for Fire-Marshall responsibilities (and granted access to server room) on Nov 5.
  • Projectors are installed and working (with extension cords) in meeting rooms. Jim to ask Colette to work with Will Crocker regarding installation of power outlets for projectors.

Matthew

  • Confirm New Job Allocation process for Trackit is implemented - Config needs to be modified to have all new tickets unassigned (David and Matt will assign all new tickets each day).
  • draft email to users (to be used for each partner group) to review Trackit prioritization and submission process ( re: one ticket/problem).
  • New trackit licenses (2) to be ordered (chspr will pay) after licensing confusion is sorted-out.
  • Trackit server upgrade (once licensing issue is resolved)

David

  • David to resolve issues with Bob Evan's machine - upgrade to Vista 7 (good scaling features)
  • Add Iron Mountain pick-up dates to IT calendar. December 17 last regularly scheduled pick-up for 2009.
  • Send Lily and 2 non-working RAID cards to AE for trouble-shooting (both cards are not working)
  • Spend an hour with Jim to get some training with SYMPA (new mailing list manager)
  • Spend some time reviewing with Harold backup procedures on Milo (including Iron Mountain tape submission) before his holidays.
  • Work with Vanessa to come up with report options in Trackit (using "grid" view and exporting to Excel?)
  • VMWare duplication of Hemlock for longer-term solution to disk-space problem(?)
  • Accelerate Zimbra migrations in yellow zone
  • Next week map new network drives for Nancy/Jen to new alfresco share (after Alfresco version upgrade)


Harold

  • Rebuild george using Lily (with Brent's help). Need to get the RAID card to work for this to happen.
  • Harold on vacation from Nov 6 to 23

Nancy

  • Nancy will investigate quarterly maintenance (Leibert) and see if it's being done.

Genevieve

  • Report UBC posting closing date for new IT hire. Circulate posting to partner organizations for wider distribution.

Andrew

  • update status of items in Track-it with completion dates (or close if completed)
  • provide team with tentative work schedule for 10/hours a week
  • remove laptop boxes from red zone
  • get instructions from Jim to convert CHSPR website to Drupal V6.9
  • Possibly help with Zimbra mailbox migrations after procedure is properly documented.

Monday October 26, 2009

Jim

  • Will copy chspr live site to new web server (new drupal, sql) as a new dev area for Vanessa (and php contractor) to work on.
  • Jim will buy more fobs.
  • Reboot Hemlock to activate new drive.
  • Alfresco will be updated by end of week. New groups (CHSPR) can be added.
  • Spend an hour with Davidg for SYMPA training.
  • Jim and Harold to be trained for Fire-Marshall responsibilities (and granted access to server room) after Nov 12 first-aid training.
  • Projectors are installed and working (with extension cords) in meeting rooms. Jim will ask Will Crocker about installation of power outlets for projectors.

Matthew

  • Confirm New Job Allocation process for Trackit is implemented - Config needs to be modified to have all new tickets unassigned (David and Matt will assign all new tickets each day).
  • draft email to users (to be used for each partner group) to review Trackit prioritization and submission process ( re: one ticket/problem).
  • New trackit licenses (2) to be ordered (chspr will pay) after licensing confusion is sorted-out.
  • Trackit server upgrade.

David

  • Spend an hour with Jim to get some training with SYMPA (new mailing list manager)
  • Spend some time reviewing with Harold backup procedures on Milo (including Iron Mountain tape submission) before his holidays.
  • Work with Vanessa to come up with report options in Trackit (using "grid" view and exporting to Excel?)
  • VMWare duplication of Hemlock for longer-term solution to disk-space problem(?)
  • Accellerate Zimbra migrations in yellow zone.
  • Next week map new network drives for Nancy/Jen to new alfresco share (after Alfresco version upgrade).
  • Order another RAID card for Lily (new george) - problem with first card received.
  • Buy new SCSI drive for Sitka (146 GB Seagate Cheetah). Harold to assist with install.
  • David taking this Wed Thurs Fri off (28th, 29th &30th).

Harold

  • Rebuild george using Lily (with Brent's help). Need to get the RAID card to work for this to happen.

Nancy

  • Nancy will investigate quarterly maintenance (Leibert) and see if it's being done.

Andrew

  • provide team with tentative work schedule for 10/hours a week
  • remove laptop boxes from red zone
  • get instructions from Jim to convert CHSPR website to Drupal V6.9
  • Possibly help with Zimbra mailbox migrations after procedure is properly documented.

Monday October 19, 2009

Jim

  • Will copy chspr live site to new web server (new drupal, sql) as a new dev area for Vanessa (and php contractor) to work on.
  • Jim will buy more fobs.
  • Backup Hemlock before David adds new drive.
  • Alfresco will be updated by end of week. New groups (chspr) can be added easily after that.
  • Spend an hour with Davidg for SYMPA training.
  • New red-zone person needs to be trained for Fire-Marshall responsibilities (and granted access to server room).
  • Projectors are installed and working (with extension cords) in meeting rooms. Jim will ask Will Crocker about installation of power outlets for projectors.
  • Jim already updated Zimbra server license.

Matthew

  • New Job Allocation process for Trackit approved - Config needs to be modified to have all new tickets unassigned (David and Matt will assign all new tickets each day).
  • draft email to users (to be used for each partner group) to review Trackit prioritization and submission process ( re: one ticket/problem).
  • Trackit status emails may need more cleanup.
  • New trackit licenses (2) to be ordered (chspr will pay) after licensing confusion is sorted-out.
  • Trackit server upgrade.

David

  • Spend an hour with Jim to get some training with SYMPA (new mailing list manager)
  • Spend some time reviewing with Harold backup procedures on Milo (including Iron Mountain tape submission) before his holidays.
  • Install new SATA drive in Hemlock (when Jim has finished a full backup -rsync)
  • Work with Vanessa to come up with report options in Trackit (using "grid" view and exporting to Excel?)
  • VMWare duplication of Hemlock for longer-term solution to disk-space problem(?)
  • Accellerate Zimbra migrations in yellow zone.
  • Next week map new network drives for Nancy/Jen to new alfresco share (after Alfresco version upgrade).
  • Order RAID card for Lily (new george).
  • Buy new SCSI drive for Sitka (146 GB Seagate Cheetah).
  • Matthew has two new Dell laptops; one of which could be deployed to Jason. Talk to Jason about this.
  • David taking this Thurs off (possibly) as well as red Friday and Wed Thurs Fri next week (28th, 29th &30th).

Harold

  • Rebuild george using Lily (with Brent's help).

Nancy

  • Nancy will investigate quarterly maintenance (Leibert) and see if it's being done.

Andrew

  • provide team with tentative work schedule for 10/hours a week
  • remove laptop boxes from red zone
  • get instructions from Jim to convert CHSPR website to Drupal V6.9
  • Possibly help with Zimbra mailbox migrations after procedure is properly documented.


Monday October 5, 2009

Jim

  • talk to Andrew/Marilyn about converting CHSPR website to Drupal v6.9
  • procedures for new employees (logins, FOBS, etc) to be amalgamated and placed on wiki
  • troubleshoot slow samba networking problems on george; may need an upgrade
  • setup Alfresco for HR working group
  • talk to Steve about SAS server (new pricing scheme)

Matthew

  • investigate monthly reporting capabilities for Track-it
  • draft email to users (to be used for each partner group) to review prioritization and submission process of Track-It requests

David

  • get distribution rights from Jim to create CHSPR web-based distribution lists with Jen
  • assume Iron Mountain duties from Harold when he is on vacation in November

Harold

  • thanks for your help while Jim and Matthew were away!

Nancy

  • review server room access with Jim (removal temporary or permanent?)

Andrew

  • advise group if 3rd & 4th floor projector installation is complete
  • reformat and simplify emails TrackIT is generating to users
  • provide team with tentative work schedule for 10/hours a week
  • remove laptop boxes from red zone
  • get instructions from Jim to convert CHSPR website to Drupal V6.9


Monday Aug 31, 2009

Jim

  • talk to Andrew/Marilyn about converting CHSPR website to Drupal v6.9
  • procedures for new employees (logins, FOBS, etc) to be amalgamated and placed on wiki
  • troubleshoot slow samba networking problems on george; may need an upgrade
  • setup Alfresco for HR working group
  • talk to Steve about SAS server (new pricing scheme)

Matthew

  • investigate monthly reporting capabilities for Track-it
  • establish a priority system for TrackIt
  • provide Nina/new Ops Mgr with full client access to TrackIt

David

  • follow-up to find 2 missing tapes recorded but not sent to Iron Mountain on Aug 27
  • create new CHSPR user accounts for Comms clients (faculty and project managers) in conjunction with Vanessa
  • get distribution rights from Jim to create CHSPR web-based distribution lists with Jen

Harold

  • help David with front-line requests (when critical) from Sept 18-28 when Matthew and Jim are both away

Nancy

  • provide Matthew with contact name at Iron Mountain (to have old SOEH tapes destroyed)

Andrew

  • HOT - get another quote from outside contractor to install projectors in 3rd and 4th floor meeting rooms by Sept 3
  • reformat and simplify emails TrackIT is generating to users
  • provide team with tentative work schedule for 10/hours a week
  • load image on training laptops (20); ensure first one is tested by another IT resource
  • get instructions from Jim to convert CHSPR website to Drupal V6.9


Monday Aug 17, 2009

  • NEW STUFF
  • Matthew will look at emails that TrackIT is generating
  • Matthew will fix DavidG's account in TrackIT

Monday July 27, 2009

Jim

  • talk to Andrew/Marilyn about converting CHSPR website to Drupal v6.9
  • procedures for new employees (logins, FOBS, etc) to be amalgamated and placed on wiki.
  • troubleshoot slow samba networking problems on george; may need an upgrade.
  • setup Alfresco for HR working group.
  • talk to Steve about SAS server (new pricing scheme).

Matthew

  • enter dates for TrackIt items and/or re-assign to another resource.
  • investigate monthly reporting capabilities for Track-it.
  • establish a priority system for TrackIt.
  • provide Nina with client access to TrackIt (use one of 4 simultaneous licenses).

David

  • create a new user account (for you) in TrackIt to eliminate system access issues
  • switch CHSPR VPN clients (Sandra, Lillian, Lixiang) to new Pop Data VPN

Harold

  • Investigate and find solution for SAS resource issues on George. Build-up Lily as a back-up requires purchase of 7 more drives or purchase of a second server. To be evaluated in the upcoming weeks.

Nancy

  • meet with David and Matthew regarding using TrackIt for CHSPR Comms requests

Andrew

  • order textpad for users in partner groups (less than 20 of each)
  • load image on training laptops (20); ensure first one is tested by another IT resource
  • get instructions from Jim to convert CHSPR website to Drupal V6.9
  • add 3rd floor printers to active directory.

Unassigned

  • Nancy on vacation August 6 to 14

Monday June 29, 2009

Jim

  • talk to Andrew/Marilyn about converting CHSPR website to Drupal v6.9
  • email HELP and CHSPR about downtime for maintenance (planned for Monday evenings).
  • procedures for new employees (logins, FOBS, etc) to be amalgamated and placed on wiki.
  • troubleshoot slow samba networking problems on george; may need an upgrade.
  • setup Alfresco for HR working group.
  • talk to Steve about SAS server (new pricing scheme).
  • email/inform Vanessa about CHSPR wiki access/account.
  • clean-up Track-it items for July 6

Matthew

  • provide laptop pricing details (with CFI discounts) to Nina to enable Nancy Meagher to sign PO
  • create Track-it account for Jasmin (create reports for Nina/Cheryl)
  • investigate monthly reporting capabilities for Track-it.
  • establish a priority system for Track-it.
  • order laptop carts.
  • ensure install server for E Series laptops is functional (image and test)
  • install image on laptop for Bryony by June 30

David

  • set-up laptop with Track-it for July 6 meeting
  • create inventory of spare HDs and bring to July 6 meeting
    • 8 Seagate ST373307LC (73GB)
    • 1 Seagate ST373207LC (73GB)
    • 2 Seagate ST3146707 (146GB)
    • 1 Western Digital WD1200JS (120GB) SATA
  • add aliases to Track-it emails (take support@chspr off black list)
  • work with Brent and Jim to upgrade Jourynx with new version

Harold

  • Investigate and find solution for SAS resource issues on George. Build-up Lily as a back-up requires purchase of 7 more drives or purchase of a second server. To be evaluated in the upcoming weeks.

Nancy

  • visit IronMountain with Suhail

Andrew

  • order winzip/textpad for users in partner groups (less than 20 of each)
  • install video cameras in Red Zone by end of June.
  • write up VC cart procedures.
  • add 3rd floor printers to active directory.
  • add Bill Warburton and Fan Xu picture to board in Red Zone. Remove Lorie S. picture.
  • provide Nina access to IT calendar


Unassigned

  • Jim and Nancy away July 1 to 3.

Monday June 22, 2009

Jim

  • talk to Andrew/Marilyn about converting CHSPR website to Drupal v6.9
  • upgrade Zimbra.
  • email HELP and CHSPR about downtime for maintenance (planned for Monday evenings).
  • procedures for new employees (logins, FOBS, etc) to be amalgamated and placed on wiki.
  • fix ongoing red zone computer issues for Kerry, Harold and Lixiang
  • troubleshoot slow samba networking problems on george; may need an upgrade.
  • make admin account for Andrew (change user permissions for calendars).
  • setup Alfresco for HR working group.
  • talk to Steve about SAS server (new pricing scheme).
  • email/inform Vanessa about CHSPR wiki access/account.
  • create SAN slice for David's laptop back-up server
  • clean-up Track-it items for June 29

Matthew

  • provide laptop ordering information to Jim
  • create Track-it accounts for Harold and others who do not have an account.
  • investigate monthly reporting capabilities for Track-it.
  • establish a priority system for Track-it.
  • purchase RLU printer/copier on June 22.
  • order laptop carts.
  • pay invoice for Varsity.
  • ensure install server for E Series laptops is functional.
  • clean-up Track-it items for June 29

David

  • create inventory of spare HDs
  • add aliases to Track-it emails (support@chspr)
  • clean-up Track-it items for June 29

Harold

  • Investigate and find solution for SAS resource issues on George. Build-up Lily as a back-up.

Nancy

  • visit IronMountain with Suhail

Andrew

  • order winzip/textpad for users in partner groups (less than 20 of each)
  • install video cameras in Red Zone by end of June.
  • write up VC cart procedures.
  • add 3rd floor printers to active directory.
  • create documentation for adding calendars (outlook, zimbra)
  • add Bill Warburton picture to board in Red Zone.
  • clean-up Track-it items for June 29.

Unassigned

  • apologies for the minutes being later than June 24.
  • red days - Jim, David
  • yellow days - Harold, Andrew, Matthew
  • Jim, David and Matthew to attend SOEH faculty meeting on June 27 at 2 pm

Monday May 11th, 2009

Jim

  • provide account information and passwords to wiki to Colette, Matthew and Nancy
  • set-up Partner Events calendar (for all groups) and grant access to Cheryl, Colette, Lorie and Nancy
  • set-up Drupal v6.9 site for Vanessa (CHSPR Comms)
  • set-up red zone computer for Kelly Alke, Kerry, Harold and Lixiang
  • Zimbra to be upgraded by May 22.
  • setup Alfresco for HR working group.
  • procedures for new employees (logins, FOBS, etc) to be amalgamated and placed on wiki.
  • get Video Conference cart notes from Laurie for Andrew.
  • email HELP and CHSPR about downtime for maintenance.

Matthew

  • check into site license costs for Nvivo
  • forward file numbers and provide laptop ordering information to Jim

David

  • VPN will timeout if remote client not behind a router.

Harold

  • Fix George failed disk problem (swap out bad disk) by May 15
  • write up instructions for Iron Mountain tapes - draft complete, to be reviewed by Suhail.

Nancy

  • create and distribute minutes for May 11 meeting
  • follow-up with Gord at Secure Access regarding alarms on fob doors (door ajar for more than 5 minutes, use of key at fob doors)

Andrew

  • assist Jim to get final 3 red zone computers functioning (Kerry, Harold, Lixiang)
  • update pictures on Red Zone board
  • order winzip/textpad for users in partner groups (already identified)
  • upgrade 4th floor users with SPSS (proper licenses)
  • install video cameras in Red Zone.
  • write up VC cart procedures.
  • update pictures on Red Zone board.

Unassigned

Monday May 4th, 2009

Jim

  • Zimbra to be upgraded tonight (05/04/2009).
  • setup Alfresco for HR working group.
  • procedures for new employees ( logins, FOBS, etc) to be amalgamated and placed on wiki.
  • get Video Conference cart notes from Laurie for Andrew.
  • give Red Zone video policy to Cindy.
  • Install video cameras in Red Zone.
  • make an events calendar across all groups.
  • email HELP and CHSPR about downtime.

Matthew

David

  • VPN will timeout if remote client not behind a router.

Harold

  • write up instructions for Iron Mountain tapes.

Nancy

Andrew

  • write up VC cart procedures.
  • update pictures on Red Zone board.

Unassigned

  • Still some people needing to have SPSS upgraded.
  • Still looking into Winzip/Textpad licensing
  • Migrate the rest of CHSPR.


Monday April 27, 2009

Jim

  • prepare information on using VC cart for streaming – still ongoing
  • RZ video policy – pass on to Christina O. for review
  • New SOEH VLAN
  • upgrading server memory this week (VM Server primarily)
  • complete Zimbra server upgrade tonight (4/27)
  • develop procedures for new employees (logins, FOBs, etc) and place on wiki
  • try to arrange for a full time position
    • interview potential student and see about ‘fit’
  • UPS followup – still ongoing – waiting on reply from IT Services
  • Videoconferencing cart email –
  • Deployment area in RZ to be cleaned up by following Monday

Matthew

  • develop procedures for new employees (logins, FOBs, etc) and place on wiki
  • prepare lists of users needing software
  • Recycling -- coordinate (Jim has potential access to a truck)
  • assist Tom Boyce with HELP
    • Skype feed on 2 HSDPA enabled laptops with recording software
    • VLC stream via private wireless network hosted in car
    • Both ideas to be presented to researchers by Matthew

David

  • VPN Issues – Jim has reset VPN – test to see if latest fix is successful
  • develop procedures for new employees (logins, FOBs, etc) and place on wiki
  • prepare lists of users needing software
  • Nancy asking when next Leibert maintenance is due
  • Deployment area in RZ to be cleaned up by following Monday

Harold

  • investigating drive issues on Maple

Nancy

  • Secure access followup
    • Use of key on secure doors should trigger alarm but does not.
    • Door propped open for 5+minutes should trigger alarm but does not.
    • follow up with UBC Secure Access

Andrew

    • Lori S preparing instructions on cart operation – Andrew will rework

Monday April 20th, 2009

Jim

  • follow up with IT services about the UPS for the switches.
  • There is a calendar for booking the video conferencing cart.
    • send an email out soon.
  • Jim will likely be upgrading the Zimbra server this weekend
  • Jim will dig up the current video policy to see what is remaining.
  • Matthew would like to have an internal VLAN for SOEH as well. Jim will follow up with IT services
  • Some sitka stuff didn’t start, need to fix (web, extra networking)
  • Mopp / CYMA should be migrated to a virtual machine. (off of Julie’s machine) **We will wait until year-end is over first.
  • CHSPR’s email distribution lists will be migrated to Popdata’s Sympa server

Matthew

David

  • Mopp / CYMA should be migrated to a virtual machine. (off of Julie’s machine)
    • We will wait until year-end is over first.

Harold

Nancy