Back to Systems
- Overview of the network
- IPs Address Map
- Ports Switch/Port Layout
Old Network Config
Network management & troubleshooting
- Transmogrifier at https://transmogrifier.ubc.ca (CWL login) can display and modify switch configuration
- All our ports are on UBC IT switch SPOP01-31 on 3rd floor.
- "show database settings" is fastest.
- "show addresses" gets MAC addresses known to switch and IP addresses known to UBC router (can paste into spreadsheet).
- occasionally save spreadsheet at Alfresco/Systems & Security/Network (ex: transmog-SPOP01-180424-MAC.ods)
- https://www.wireshark.org/tools/oui-lookup.html to translate MAC addresses into manufacturer name (Ex: A0:B3:CC:9F:1F:95 -> Hewlett Packard)
- See Services/DHCP for logs on Champlain - shows computer name, IP and MAC