- This project aims to create a health data sharing environment for BC. The project involves technical and non-technical components: creating the environment itself, policies, processes and services around who can have access to the data. This also includes discussing what data to include, and rules/regulations around those that are providing the data.
- The purpose of bringing data together is for research, quality improvement, evaluation and surveillance purposes.
- It will be federated system.
- It will not be a central data - data ownership and management will stay with the partner organizations sharing data.
- BC Health Authorities
- BC Academic Health Science Network (AHSN)
- BC Support for People and Patient-Oriented Research and Trials (SUPPORT) unit
- Kim McGrail
- Tavinder Ark
May 23: Working group to provide recommendations around metadata management requirements for the project. This includes acquiring, storing, access and maintenance.
May 24: Working group meetings to provide recommendations to implementation of data for this project as secondary use. This includes discussion around location, transformation, and de-identification process occurs. The goal is to provide MVP and complete solutions to 5 major issues:
- Store data as copy or represent as view.
- Location of source data.
- Extract data when requested, or cache at central.
- Extent of linking, merging and transforming information.
- Where to de-identify data.
May 31: Working group provide ratings of data sets to first acquire & discussion around exploring use of SAIL software to meet MVP requirements.